1. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Age requirement:
- Minimum age requirement is 14 years for enrollment in regular courses for adults.
- For enrollment in summer camps, children’s courses and private tuition, the age criteria are flexible and dependent on the particular course selected.
- Private tuition will be conducted at the institute premises only. Trainers will not be assigned to the students’ personal residences.
- Knowledge of English is required for the benefit of the candidate.
- “Make up classes” can be availed by the students after paying a fee of Rs 600/- for per hour of extra class. These classes can be scheduled by prior request and appointment with the center coordinator.
- Minimum number of students required to run a particular batch is 6.
In case of insufficient enrolments for a particular batch, before the course commences, that particular course will be either cancelled or postponed and the fees, reimbursed.
Once a particular batch has commenced there will be no reimbursement of fees under any circumstances.
- Cell phones should be kept on silent mode during class and only urgent calls can be made/answered outside the classroom.
Text messaging is strictly prohibited during the class.
- Course details and duration
- Each course comprises of training for a minimum of 2 hours a day for every weekday class and 3 hours a day for every weekend class.
- The number of hours per course is subject to change depending on the batch strength, student grasping ability and completion of syllabus before the prescribed time.
2. REGISTRATION, CHANGE/TRANSFER OF BATCH, WITHDRAWAL OF PARTICIPATION:
- The registration will be held valid only when full amount of the respective course fee has been paid either by cash, cheque, online transfer or demand draft.
- Text books and course material will be issued only after full payment of the prescribed fee is met and distributed to the students after the third day of scheduled class.
- The registration includes the right to attend the selected foreign language classes, to be present at the examination and to obtain the corresponding certificate. (The issue of pass certificates are subject to acquiring minimum marks and attendance required)
- Change of batch and/or timing of batch would be allowed only before the commencement of the chosen course.
- Withdrawal of participation from any course must be submitted in writing by the student with stated reasons. The date of withdrawal will be considered as the date of receipt of the letter at the Institute. There will be no reimbursement of fees in this case.
3. ASSESSMENT/LEVEL TEST:
An assessment test will be conducted at a fee of Rs 500/- for students with prior knowledge of any of the foreign languages offered, to determine the course level to which they can be admitted.
4. ATTENDANCE, EXAMINATIONS & EVALUATION CRITERIA:
- FluenC is under no obligation to voluntarily compensate the student, monetarily or academically for absenteeism on their part. But since this is the first batch under the banner, a short explanation class can be held seperately for up to 3 missed classes, for the students who do miss classes, but absenteeism should not be made a habit.
- The student should obtain a minimum attendance of 80% during the course.
- Students who do not present themselves on the scheduled examination date can request for a separate time.
5. CERTIFICATION, PASS PERCENTAGE AND ATTENDANCE:
- Only those students who pass the course with the required minimum marks will be awarded the pass certificates.
- A pass percentage is 60 % overall, and an attendance of 80% is mandatory for all courses, in order to obtain a pass certificate. Certificates will not be issued if the minimum pass percentage is not obtained.
- A student will be issued a participation certificate only if they have minimum attendance of 70%. Attendance lower than 70% and pass percentage lower than 60% will result in no certificate of any kind.
- Certificates and marks cards will be issued a week after the completion of the course.
- Students are required to state, on the registration forms, their full legal names as they wish them to appear on the certificate.
- The FluenC certificate is proof that you have undergone training, and is not accepted in any Embassy, as of now. You would have to write the government-sponsored exam like Goethe Zertifikat, DELF or DELE seperately. FluenC as a part of the course will provide guidance and preparation practice for the same.
6. LIABILITY OF FluenC:
- FluenC will not be held responsible for any personal items that have been misplaced, stolen, lost or left behind by students unsupervised.
- The liability of FluenC and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence.
- FluenC also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its service in the event of unavoidable external forces (e.g. natural disasters, fire, floods, war, official orders and all the other circumstances beyond the control of the contractual parties)